The mission of SAIS is to provide a progressive American style learning environment where all students develop and apply the knowledge, skills and habits of mind necessary for academic, workplace and personal success anywhere in the world.
- Integrity: We are honorable in all our personal and community actions
- Identity: Each member of our community has a unique personality, interests, and needs.
- Innovation: We know that solving meaningful problems requires opportunity, support, skills, experience, creativity and resilience.
- Interdependence: We work with and learn from each other, what we say and do always affects another.
- Independence: We strive to be responsible, self managing and self starting.
- Intellect: Thinking, reasoning and understanding are critical to making our lives meaningful.
Our Expected Student Learning Results (ESLRs)
Through Project-Based Learning, SAIS students learn the following Habits of Mind:
- Managing Impulsivity
- Listening with Understanding and Empathy
- Thinking Flexibly
- Thinking about Thinking (Meta-cognition)
- Striving for Accuracy
- Questioning and Posing Problems
- Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision
- Gathering Data through All Senses
- Creating, Imagining, Innovating
- Responding with Wonderment and Awe
- Taking Responsible Risks
- Finding Humor
- Thinking Interdependently
- Remaining Open to Continuous Learning